Dr Vidyanand Raut
Fellow (Joint Replacement): India, Australia and USA
Dr Vidyanand Raut has had extensive training and a 14-year experience in the field of joint replacement surgery.
After having attained his orthopaedic training in Mumbai, Dr Raut concentrated on joint replacement surgery as his chosen subspecialty. He had an exemplary scholastic career and has been selected for prestigious fellowships in renowned hospitals in USA, Australia and India. He is at present working at some of the most advanced multi-specialty tertiary care hospitals in Mumbai.
Dr Raut had the privilege of working as Senior Fellow at St John of God Hospital in Ballarat, Australia, where he obtained extensive experience in performing primary and revision hip and knee replacements. He independently treated several complex cases which required an artificial hip or knee joint. He was closely involved in the arthroscopic management of sports injuries in football players.
He is one of the few elite surgeons to be selected for the prestigious Clinical / Research Fellowship in Joint Replacement at John Flynn Hospital at Gold Coast in Australia, where he has honed his skills in primary and revision arthroplasty and especially in navigation (Computer Assisted) TKR.
He had an opportunity to work at The Prince Charles Hospital at Brisbane, Australia, where he learned the nuances of impaction grafting in revision total hip replacements.
Dr Vidyanand Raut has been selected for the Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons (ISHKS) Fellowship in Joint Replacement at Fortis Hospital, New Delhi, India.
Dr Raut trained with world-renowned surgeons like Dr Chitranjan Ranawat, Dr David Liu, Prof Ray Randle, Dr Ashok Rajgopal, Dr Andrew Byrne, Dr V J Laheri, Dr Amar Ranawat, Prof Ross Crawford and Dr Pradeep Bhosale.
He is a Life Member of Bombay Orthopaedic Society (BOS) and Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons (ISHKS).
Dr Raut has been selected for the coveted ‘Ranawat Fellowship’ at Hospital For Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- Primary and Revision Total Knee Replacement (including Computer Navigation)
- Primary and Revision Total Hip Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Simple and Complex Fractures – Reconstructive Surgery
- Several publications in national and international journals
- Presented several papers at conferences in India and abroad
- Recipient of several awards
- Distinction in Surgery – MBBS
- Frequent lecturer in clinical meetings and symposia in orthopaedics
- Teaching surgical skills to post-graduate orthopaedic students in Mumbai University and junior colleagues in Australia